October 8, 2014View all
iGATE Research has released a report on India Outbound Tourism Market and Forecast to 2018
The sluggish economy and poor sentiments did not have any adverse impact on the Indian Outbound Tourism Market. Despite drastic fluctuations in rupee value recently, numbers of outbound tourists departures from India did not take a hit. India has emerged as the world's fastest-growing outbound market and in absolute numbers it is second only to China. The foreign tourism boards are gearing up to meet the growing number of Indians who are travelling abroad and splurging. While many of the National Tourism Organizations have established their own offices in the country, others are making use of representations or their embassies/cultural desks to test the waters, before taking the plunge. Personal and official travel for Holiday/Leisure, Business and MICE tourism are the most significant contributors for growing outbound travel. The easy availability of attractive packages, increased promotion by travel agents/tour operators and destination countries will further drive outbound departures.
In terms of Indian tourists departures from India, Thailand has emerged as the most popular tourist destination for Indian travelers. Thailand is being followed by Singapore. United States and China stands at the 3rd and 4th spot for Indian tourists respectively. While Malaysia stands at the fifth spot in 2013.
In terms of spending by Indian tourists, United States is the leader, followed by Thailand and Singapore. Australia and United Kingdom stands at the 3rd and 4th spot respectively and the gap between them are narrowing. Italy is holding 6th position in the year 2013, being followed by Malaysia, which is at 7th spot in the same year.
Scope of Report
- This research report provides an extensive analysis of the tourists outflow from India
- The report covers historical number of India outbound tourist to Top 15 Countries from 2001 - 2013, along with forecast figures for 2014 - 2018
- The report covers historical value of Indian outbound tourists spending in Top 15 Countries 2008 - 2013, along with forecast figures for 2014 - 2018
- The report provides a detailed analysis of Indian outbound Tourists Purpose of Visit to Top 15 countries from 2008 - 2013 and forecast from 2014 - 2018 , along with the average length of stay in Top 15 Countries
- The report gives an insight on the number of India outbound tourist visit to Top 10 emerging countries from 2001 - 2013, along with forecast figures for 2014 - 2018
- The report also gives an analysis of Number of Indian tourists departures to 102 countries worldwide from the year 2001 - 2013
- It provides comprehensive analysis of Indian Outbound Tourism driving factors, as well as the challenges faced by the Indian Outbound Tourism market
Analysis of Countries in the Report
iGATE RESEARCH report entitled India Outbound Tourism Market and Forecast to 2018 provides an in-depth analysis of the booming India outbound tourism industry. This 182 page report is enriched with 98 Figures and 56 Tables to present a clear picture of Indian Outbound Tourism Industry.
The Top 15 Countries in the Report is analyzed from four view points: Tourists Visit, Spending, Purpose of Visit and Average Length of Stay
Top 15 Countries Covered: United States, Canada, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Turkey, United Kingdom, Italy, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
The Top 10 Emerging countries has been analyzed in terms of Tourists Visit
Top 10 Emerging Countries Covered: Sri Lanka, Nepal, Japan, Egypt, Mauritius, Maldives, Indonesia, Philippines, Ireland, Poland